Many JPs through circumstances or inclination do not carry out all of the functions they are empowered to undertake.
The following brief details may be of interest:
• Approximately 6,000 are members of one of our 28 affiliated associations
• Approximately 1500 non members still operate devoid of any ongoing training or support
• About 70 complaints are received by the Royal Federation each year .
• Approximately 240 have agreed to make themselves available from time to time to exercise the summary jurisdiction of District Courts
• An unknown number act as Nominated Witnesses under the CYFS legislation where youths are interviewed by the Police
• The same circumstance applies with the Mental Health Act
• Some other small groups deal with requests under specific legislation
Link to Contacts page