The Trust's registration number is CC33701
Donations may be made to:
The Secretary, Justices of the Peace Education Trust
PO Box 5005, Wellington 6140
If you make a donation by direct credit please email the secretary when doing so
Bank account details: JP Ed Trust
The Justices of the Peace Education Trust was established in 1974 in conjunction with the Federation's jubilee.
Its purposes are:
The recent awards made have been extensively reported but the trustees wish to again draw the Trust to the attention of all members and to invite donations to increase the work it is doing.
- to educate Justices of the Peace throughout New Zealand on all aspects of their function, responsibilities and role in the community
- to educate the community as to the tasks performed by Justices of the Peace and the activities they undertake
- to provide information and resources to service the educational requirements of individual Justices of the Peace throughout New Zealand
- to award scholarships to Justices of the Peace or others to further the objects of the Trust
- to provide grants and resources for the education of Justices of the Peace through the Royal Federation of New Zealand Justices' Association (Incorporated) or its affiliated associations
- to provide resources and facilities for research into any matters of relevance to Justices of the Peace or the law of New Zealand
- to raise money by donations, loans or by any other lawful means and by such methods as the Trust considers appropriate for the furtherance of these objects.
All donations, bequests and gifts are tax deductible for the purposes of the Charities Act and the Income Tax Act.
back to Home